Louisiana Health Care Law Attorneys
Representing Louisiana Hospitals, Physicians, Nursing Homes, Nurses, Advanced Practitioners and Other Health Care Providers
Watson Blanche Wilson & Posner has had the privilege of representing individuals, businesses, institutions and other organizations in the health care industry for many years. From that experience, Watson Blanche understands that a health care provider’s first priority is and should remain patient care. Nonetheless, talented medical professionals, doctors and care providers must constantly address business processes outside patient care such as licensure, business formation and reorganization, health care compliance, reporting, liability and insurance issues, and a multitude of other time-consuming matters. Professionals and organizations that do not appropriately address their legal issues may be faced with professional, legal or financial disaster. Experienced counsel is crucial during these times.
Watson, Blanche, Wilson & Posner, LLP, represents more hospitals than any other firm in Louisiana, as well as physicians, nursing homes, nurse practitioners, advanced practitioners and many other varieties of health care providers. As such, its attorneys are able to address nearly any health care law issue, including:
- Medical malpractice defense
- Hospital general liability defense
- Hospital and physician defense under EMTALA
- Representation of hospital medical staff
- Drafting of and advice concerning bylaws, rules and regulations
- Advice to hospital committees
- Drafting and review of policies and procedures
- Drafting and review of hospital bylaws
- Counsel and advice to medical staff leadership
- DNR and advanced directives
- Representation/defense of hospitals with regard to civil and criminal subpoenas, subpoenas duces tecum, and civil/criminal discovery matters
- Representation of hospitals regarding confidential peer review discovery
- Hospital ethics advisory
- Judicial commitment proceedings representation
- Advising hospitals and other health care lobbies regarding proposed state and federal laws and changes to laws affecting hospitals and other health care providers
- Employment defense
- Health care contractual issues
- Formation of nonprofit hospital foundations
The firm prides itself on anticipating and dealing with client challenges by fusing its comprehensive experience with a long-term preventative approach to issues and premier client service.
To get in touch and schedule an initial consultation, call 225-387-5511 or contact us.